Here is the trick to play YouTube in the background on android and iOS. This tips allows you to listen to YouTube while doing other tasks.
The most valuable content on YouTube is the video, just like a TV. Running YouTube on the background will harm Google revenue, especially the ads content. So, it is natural for Google forces you to watch the videos on displayed screen.
Many tricks have been around to play YouTube in the background. However, most of them are no longer working as the google prevent this kind of activity.
Using telegram to access YouTube, request desktop site on Chrome android, and Dolphin browser. Those tips no longer working, and makes many users unable to play YouTube in the background anymore.
Here I am going to show you, how to play YouTube in the Background with simple workaround, using Firefox for Android and iOS.
How to Play YouTube in the Background on Android and iOS using Firefox Browser
- First, what you need is Firefox browser on your Android and iOS. You can start download and install it from the Android Play store or iOS iTunes.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Enter YouTube.com URL on the address bar then open it.
- Tap on the three-dotted-menu at right top corner.
- Scroll down and select “Request desktop site“.
- Firefox will reload the YouTube page and shows you the desktop version.
- Now, search video you want to watch.
- Play the video
- Then tap the minimize button on Firefox
- Done. YouTube video will stay running in the background and you can still listen to the sound/musics.