Tips to disable “articles for you” on Chrome. Get rid of recommended articles by Google on your chrome browser tab for android.
Google chrome update 54 brings new feature for New Tab Screen. You will see the recent tab and bookmarks buttons are no longer there on the bottom, instead Google fills it with suggested “articles for you”.
Not many users like this new changes. Based on the comments on the review, users complained and wonder how to remove these articles on their Chrome.
Disable ‘Articles for You’ on Chrome 58 (Latest Version)
Fortunately, there is an simple way to remove this feature. You can disable the suggested articles on your latest version chrome browser with this few steps
For Google Chrome 58 and above:
- Enter this URL on your Chrome address bar chrome://flags/#enable-ntp-remote-suggestions
- Now change the “Default” value to “Disabled”
- Lastly, restart your Chrome
- Remove recent bookmarks on Chrome 58: type on address bar chrome://flags/#enable-ntp-bookmark-suggestions then change the value to disabled
- Remove recent download on Chrome 58: type on address bar chrome://flags/#enable-ntp-asset-download-suggestions then change the value to disabled
Disable ‘Articles for You’ on Chrome 57 and below (Older Version)
- Enter this URLs on your chrome address bar
- You will be brought to Chrome flag. on the highlighted drop-down menu, tap then select ‘Disabled‘
- Do the same for snippets
- Next, relaunch Chrome. The “Articles for you” should be no longer on your tab or home screen.
This feature is automatically enabled after update, so you have to do the same step to disable it. This tips should works fine, till the google does some new changes on it.
If you want to revert, or enable the suggested article again, tap ‘Enabled’ or ‘Default’. Hope this helps you, don’t forget to share