Opera hidden feature: This is how you enable free Opera VPN to unblock any website. Available for your Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android.
Part of this article is an update from our previous tips How to Access Any Blocked Website from Your Android Device. I explained how to access restricted/blocked website from android.
Now we are going to use hidden feature from Opera browser to do the same job. And good news for you, this VPN feature is free available for Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android.
Free Unlimited VPN from Opera Browser
Opera browser has integrated built-in VPN feature in last quarter year. Its free, fast, with 3 different optional locations.
What is VPN?
VPN or virtual private network is a construct a secure tunnel between your computer and your desired designation. VPN is the more sophisticated tool than proxy since it provides you with encryption data.
Not only VPN allows you bypass internet censorship, it also protects you from being spied when using unsecured connection such as public WiFi.
Opera data research said, here some reasons why you want to use VPN service.
- Accessing better content of entertainment (bypass internet censorship)
- Protect personal information (stay anonymous while browsing)
- Accessing blocked websites in particular country.
- Accessing blocked websites at office work, school etc.
- Better and secure communication with friends/family. Whether text messenger, voice call, and video call
Base on those reasons, Opera team developer decided to make free unlimited VPN for everyone. This feature available on the last update of Opera browser, either on your Windows PC/laptop or Mac.
So if you haven’t installed the latest version Opera, download online installer from links below
Why is it a hidden feature? Well, it is because many users didn’t know this feature is already in the Opera. By default the option is disabled, Opera doesn’t provide simple click ON/OFF button to use this service.
To display this feature On, you have to access from the setting menu. We are going to show you how.
Note that for the first part we are going to guide you to turn ON opera VPN for your PC. And for the second part, we move to how to use Opera VPN on your Android or IOS. So, read through the end of article
Also Check: How to Download Video on Facebook
Enable Free Opera VPN to Unblock Any Website for PC/Laptop/Mac
- At this point, we assume you have installed Opera Browser on your PC. This can be easily done just like installing other programs.
- First, open your Opera browser. Then click on “Menu” at the upper top corner. Now click “Setting“. Or you can do easily using shortcut “ALT + P”
- Setting tab will be opened. Now select and click “Privacy and security”
- See next tab to it, scroll down and find VPN option. By default, the option is turned OFF (uncheck), now Check to enable VPN.
- Take a look at your address bar. VPN with light blue background means VPN service is started.
- Try to browse some blocked page. And see the result
- For addition, Now you can easily turn ON of OFF the VPN by clicking the ICON on your address bar. You can also monitor how much data transferred, see your current IP and select the VPN country location available.
That is how you use VPN feature from Opera on your Windows PC/Laptop/Mac. You can check the tutorial in video version below
Now for Android/IOS
Enable Free Opera VPN to Unblock Any Website for Android/IOS
Different from PC Opera browser, Opera VPN for Android/IOS is available in a dedicated app. This app allows all connections on your phone tunneled via Opera VPN. Not only your phone browser but all apps on your Android can use the VPN service.
This app is free, unlimited and no intrusive ads. You can download it to your device you own. Here the links
Step by step using Opera VPN on android
- Install Free Opera VPN and open your app. Next, give permission tap “OK”
- Now, follow the instruction provided then tap connect. Wait until sleeping Olaf wakes up and smiling. Finally, you are connected and ready to user Free Opera VPN.
- Now try to open your blocked websites. You should be able to open them. All app connections on your android will get through this VPN. Hence, besides you have no more blocked website, you will get protection from an unsecured connection like public WiFi.
Conclusion: How to Enable Free Opera VPN to Unblock Any Website
Opera browser has built-in VPN service to unblock any website. It is somehow disabled by default. You can turn in ON easily on the settings menu.
Opera VPN is free with no confusing registration, subscribe or even buy VPN service. With Opera Free VPN you will get an unlimited and secure connection with the price of almost nothing.