Learn how to fix Unable To Authenticate Pokemon GO After Update 0.53.2. With these simple steps you can play again Pokemon Go without problem.
A new software Pokemon Go update has just been released by Niantic on Android. This 0.53.2 patch, brings location-based game and Korean language support. Unfortunately, some users complaining about an error unable to login to their android device.
The message says, “Unable To Authenticate. Please try again” after updating to 0.53.2, even though the device is not rooted.
Unable To Authenticate Pokemon GO After Update 0.53.2
As we know, Niantic forbids user to play Pokemon Go on rooted android device. That, every device has to pass SafetyNet layer set by Niantic to be able play Pokemon GO. And if you have that kind of message, it means you have been indicated running on rooted android device.
My device is not rooted and still Unable To Authenticate Pokemon GO?
However, in this case (update 0.53.2), we found that the main problem lies on the false alarm from SafetyNet layer by Google. SafetyNet API is a feature from Google to detect whether a device has been tampered with – for example: rooted device, running custom ROM, or has been infected by malware.
So it is not my device fault, then how to fix this?
I you are facing the same problem, then you came to the right place. Here we are going to help you to solve Unable To Authenticate Pokemon GO After Update 0.53.2.
How to fix “Unable To Authenticate. Please try again” Error Pokemon Go Update 0.53.2
Here the tools needed:
- RootSwitch (Must Installed), Direct link from Asus ZenTalk forum: Download
- SafetyNet Helper (Optional) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample
- RootChecker (Optional) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck
After installing those tools, follow instructions below carefully
- First, go to setting, scroll down then select apps
Check also: Play Pokemon Go on PC without Emulator
- Now, scroll down and find Pokemon Go app then select
- Next, tap “Force Stop”, a pop up message will appear, tap OK. After that, tap “Storage”
- Next thing to do is clear your app data, tap it
- Now, make sure that your device pass the SafetyNet test. Open SafetyNet Helper to check. Before I cleared the data, the result was red which indicated that my device not passed the test. Now, Here is my result, all green and passed the test by SafetyNet.
- And here my result from RootChecker, no root applied
- At this point, you can try to check whether the problem fixed by opening your Pokemon app. However, if you find the problem persist, to make sure you can run Pokemon Go update 0.53.2, we need RootSwitch app. This tool comes in handy, you can switch your device between root/unroot in real time using notification menu. Open this app and grant user permission.
- Now, here the trick, slide your pop up notification menu then disable root.
- Lastly, open your Pokemon Go app. Done
With this, if you follow carefully steps above, you should have no problem playing Pokemon Go update 0.53.2. That is how to get rid error “Unable To Authenticate Pokemon GO”.
This tutorial is also available in Video format, check it out, and Happy Playing 🙂