Learn about the most common terms in Mobile Legends MOBA game. Find out the definition of various terminologies, abbreviations and slang used in the game
Do you know what are kitting, jungler, juke? Those terms are frequently used in MOBA real time strategy game like Mobile Legends. And if you are new in playing, you will find many unfamiliar terms inside the game.
Knowing your team mates intentions is one of the most important factor executing your best teamwork strategy. Therefore, you must understands the most common terms they are saying in chat.
Here I am going to show you the list of terms and their definitions commonly used in Mobile Legend.
Mobile Legends Common Terms
- MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena): Game genre that also known as modern real time strategy involved online multiplayer fight against another team in the battle arena. Unlike traditional real time strategy, MOBA doesn’t involved unit or building constructions and each player control a single hero at once.
- ML (Mobile Legend)/MLBB (Mobile Legends: Bang Bang): Popular mobile game that adopted MOBA real time strategy that involved 5 vs 5 multi online players on the battle arena, available on iOS and Android.
- Jungle: Jungle is actually zones in the battle arena that usually covered by large bush beneath the lanes. In the jungle, you will find various monsters. They are neutral creatures that hunted for gold by heroes.
- Bush: Grass or bush in the battle arena where hero can hide or to make escape.
- Jungling/Jungler: Monster hunting for gold and EXP in the jungle, also known as Farming. While Jungler is the hero doing this hunt.
- Lanes: Three main ways of getting from your base to opponent.
- Turret: Cannons in lane that will automatically attack enemy when entering their radius. Destroying one turret gains 500 gold that will divided equally for each team member
- Minions (also called Creeps in DOTA): This is unlimited friendly of unfriendly creatures that spawn to each lane from your crystal and march toward enemy turrets. This minions created and move in “waves” in group of three.
- Wipe Out: Kill all enemies heroes and let no one alive.
Mobile Legends Strategy Terms
- Kite/Kitting: Ranged attack to opponent while evading the counter. This is effective hit and run strategy for hero with ranged ability type which commonly supported with decent agility/speed.
Tips: Attack while hiding in the bush from distance and get ready to dodge, evade and run.
- Gank/Ganking: This strategy involved multiple allies to perform all out attack to one or more targets. When your friend says “gather and gank”, means you have to gather and ready for an all out battle together with your teammates.
- Farm/Farming: Gaining gold through the act of last hitting monsters, minions or creeps. Farming also determines your winning since you will get EXP points and gold to buy various item for your battle. When you do farming in the jungle, this also called jungling
TIPS: Don’t underestimate farming, be patient, don’t rush your attack and focus on farming, you will get many benefits doing this. Buying better item at shop will grant you an ease to win the battle.
- Overfarm: Farming gold by killing jungle monster in the enemy’s area
- Dive: Step into ongoing battle or enter inside enemy turret
Mobile Legends Skill Terms
- ULT/Ulti/Ultimate: Your third and the most powerful skill. This devastating ability suits as final move to kill your opponent. Ultimate skill tag(combo) is the most effective strategy when attacking with two or more team mates around you.
Tips: Always ready to execute your ultimate following your friend’s attack.
- Malee: Close combat attack. The hero often uses weapon such as axe or sword. (ie: Alucard, Zilong, Hilda, Saber etc)
- Charger: Type of hero which specialized to maneuver advance towards the enemy at their best speed in an attempt to engage in close combat. Zilong is one best example of charger hero
- Ranged: Attack from distance using projectile weapons or skills.
- Marksman/MM: Hero with ranged rapid attack ability. (ie:Carrie, Moscov, Layla, Clint etc)
- Last Hit: Last attack that kill the opponent/monster. To become last hitter, you need correct timing when performing your attack.
Tips: Keep practicing till you feel confident performing your final attack accurately and make correct judgement about opponent HP.
- Juke: Performing zig-zag, instant direction change while moving. This is also an important skill you have to master when you are suffering from critical low HP status. You must run and escape from the opponent to avoid being killed.
TIPS: Aware of sudden attack and make correct decision whether you have to run or attack. If it necessary, get some help (request gathering) from your allies while escaping, run to the safe area, nearest lane or bush.
- Buff: Boost stats temporarily in the battle. Buff divided into two type, “buff self” which refers to boost stat oneself and “buff ally”, refers to boost stats for team mate stat. The buff can boost targeting one or more stats depends on the skill or item used.
- Crowd Control: All abilities or items that cause inhibit for the enemies. There are various crowd control varieties, the most common is slow: reduce the speed and enemy agility, silence: temporary disable enemy’s skills, stun: To incapacitate the target, freeze: freeze the enemies (ie: Aurora ULT), Blind: Make enemy attack miss.
- Cooldown/CD: Once performing skill you will get a delay. Cooldown is time you must elapse before using that skill again.
There are various items you can use to reduce skill cool down or CDR (Cooldown Reduction), however the limit is 40% reduction. More than that will be a waste and not going to reduce the cooldown any further.
- Gear/Builds: Item arrangement for heroes. Each gear set can be changed in the game according to most suitable condition.
- Spell: Various additional ability for hero. Each got one, selected before the game started(cannot be changed in game).
Jungle Creatures Name
- Lord: Neutral creature that will help you march toward your enemy by slaying it. It holds 1500 gold that will divided equally for each team member.
- Turtle: Neutral creature that hold a lot of gold that will be shared between team by slaying it. It holds 1000 gold that will divided equally for each team member
- Jungle Monster: Neutral creatures on the jungle that hold gold. This is the most targeted creatures by hero to gain more gold. Below are various monster jungle in Mobile Legends
- Reaper: Jungle monster that give you random buff
- Spinner: Spider like monster that give you random buff
- Crab: Crab like monster at top and bottom lane. Killing it will give you 10 golds every second last for 30 seconds.
- Golem: Grant mana, health, gold
- Big-mouthed monster: Grant mana, health, gold
- Noob/Newbie/Beginner: Novice player that usually have low skills or rank. Noob is also often used for mocking the losing players.
- HP: Healthy Point
- MP: Mana Point
- Regen: stands for regenerate, an ability to recharge particular attribute point, it could be HP regen or MP regen. Regen effect will make your HP or MP charged in elapsed times.
- AFK: Away from keyboard, also used when hero in the stat of inactivity (doing nothing) because of the user leave the game or other reasons.
- MVP: Stands for Most Valuable Player, the best team member that get the highest overall score in the end of game.
- GG/GGWP: Means “Good Game/Good Game, Well Played”, commonly said at the end of the game, whether you are winning or losing. To respect team mates and opponents for giving great game experience.
- KDA: Means Kills Deaths Assists. KDA result is displayed in the end of the battle, here is how KDA scoring: +1 point per kill, +1 point Assist, -1 point per Death
- KS: Meaning in mobile legends is “Kill Steal”. When lord is being attacked by enemies and you got the last hit kill using your attack, it means you do KS.
- Feeder: Player who constantly get killed by enemy and make them level up.
That is the common terms on Mobile Legend. If I am missing something, please add to the comment below