Learn how to install Kodi for PC Windows. Here is a simple, quick tutorial to download and set up Kodi App on your Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7
Set up your Windows PC for your home entertainment center by installing Kodi. You can watch and stream your favorite movies or music then display them on multi supported devices, even on your larger home front TVs screen.
To install Kodi for PC Windows is relatively easy. No advanced knowledge is required, all you need to do is download the package, set it up and add the optional plugins to provide the content.
However, to prevent any confusion, here we will cover step by step how to install Kodi for PC Windows. Before moving to the installation process, it is wise to check the requirement for your PC to install Kodi. Here the list:
Kodi for PC Minimum Requirements (V16 Jarvis)
For Kodi V17 Krypton you can read the minimum requirements on this page How to update Kodi to Krypton
- The minimum Windows version is Windows Vista and higher
- However, the recommended version is Windows 7 and higher, which required for hardware video decoding. Keep in mind that Windows server, and Windows Home Server unable to install Kodi.
- 32-bit or 64-bit PC Windows
- Graphic card that support DirectX version 9.0c with the latest driver installed which support directX 11 API implementation. Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you need DirectX 11.
- Active internet connection (faster is the better). It is required to install add-on and stream your media content from internet.
If your PC met the requirement above, you should have no problem installing Kodi for PC.
How to Install Kodi on Windows PC
Lets get started:
- Download Kodi latest version installation package (Kodi v17 Krypton is the latest version). It is recommended to download the stable version available.
- After completing the download, Double click the installer.
- Now, if prompted to allow the software to run, click Run
- Follow the instructions installation process. You can just click “Next”, don’t worry the option will be the default installation.
- After few minutes, installation will be completed. You can check the tick to immediately launch Kodi after click “Finish”
- Kodi is ready, you will see the first run Help
- Done. you can start explore the menus using your mouse and press “Esc” to navigate back to previous tab.
- After installing, you need to know how to use Kodi to play video and music