Simple useful trick to increase download speed up to 200% without software needed. You will get faster download speed from your Google Drive for free.
Download speed can be affected by two major factors. The first is your internet connection speed. This factor determine how much your internet speed can handle the received file coming from server.
Second important factor is the server speed itself. If the source of your file is coming from slow, crowded server with no parallel download option, no matter how fast internet access you may have it will be a waste.
Here we have tips to increase download speed caused by a slow server.
Google Drive to Increase Download Speed
Here we come with the trick to increase download speed by moving your files from slow server to free fast server, Google Drive. By moving your files from original server to your Google Drive you will get fast, parallel and resume-able download connection.
Google Drive provides you free account to store your files up to 15GB. As we know, even for free account, Google has reliable fast server for their hosting. This feature can be useful part of our trick to increase download speed for your files.
Step by Step How to Increase Download Speed
1. First, login to your Google Drive account with your browser, we will need it later.
2. Next, get your download link address of your files.
If you already get the download link by simply copy it, you can skip this step and move to step 4. Here is the example downloading file from filehippo server and I use IDM download manager
3. Pause your download and copy the download link
4. Next, visit savetodrive.me then click authenticate with your Google Drive account.
5. Paste your download link into available form. In addition, you can enter your email address to get the report, its optional.
6. Click Upload then wait for few secs to finish. Transfer file between cloud server will be really fast, here 30MB will take about 1-2 seconds.
7. Back to your Google Drive Account and see the file there.
You can see the speed difference after downloading the file from Google Drive
Now you will get faster download speed by downloading your file from Google Drive. Share it to your friends if you find this tips is useful.