Learn how to use Kodi. Here is a complete guide to set up Kodi and unleash its power to enjoy full experience for your home entertainment.
This article will cover how to use Kodi after installing on your devices. It this guide, we use Kodi V16.1 “Jarvis” for Windows as example. However, this wont become a problem since Kodi’s interface is the same for every devices as long as uses the same version.
Moreover each build/version has simillar interface. Hence, the steps and instructions bellow will also work on your Mac, IOS and also Android.
Kodi streams content from whether online or offline source. And now we will discuss how to get content being played on Kodi from local storage source.
How to use Kodi to play Videos and Music
- First of all, before we start, I recommend you to change the Kodi display from FULL SCREEN to WINDOWED mode by pressing kodi shortcut “\” (BACKSLASH) on your keyboard. With this, you can easily read the guide while you operate Kodi.
- To navigate between menus, you can use your mouse or right-left arrow on your keyboard. To select the highlighted menu, press enter or left-click your mouse.
- To head back to the previous tab, press “Backspace“
- Back to the Home Page, press “Esc“
After launching Kodi, you will see a blue home page with carousel on the near bottom. There is no different interface between PC or smartphone.
Follow step by step instruction below
- First, navigate from home page and select Videos menu then select Files sub menu.
- Now, you will see more menu. Once again click “Files” then sub menu will appear now click “Add videos”. At this point you will see smaller window, click “Browse”
- Your local hard drive and network will displayed, just browse and select the folder where your video files located.
- You will be brought to additional windows menu to set up the source name. Just Click “OK” if you want Kodi decides for you. After that, your preferred folder will appear in Video Menu
- Lastly, all you need to do is click the file to Play.
That is how to use Kodi to play videos, if want to play music from your local storage, do the same steps above but first of all select Music Menu from Home Page.
Also, you need to know how to install add ons for Kodi to stream and watch your favorite movies online