Try this tips how to hide and remove floppy drive in Windows Explorer. You can disable your unused floppy drive and hide it to make explorer neat and clean.
Floppy drive was left behind years ago. Due to advanced technology, more convenient storage like USB drive replaces this outdated floppy drive. Floppy drive is really unresponsive and slow device with the standard size is only 1.44 MB which is very small for today’s needs.
However you may find this drive still hanging and appear on your windows explorer. Floppy drive commonly appear as “Floppy Disk Drive (A:)” on your explorer.
If you have no reason to keep it, why don’t you just disabled/hide it? I am sure it will make your explorer neater and cleaner.
If you want to hide your floppy drive but you don’t know the way to do it, here we are going to show you how to hide and remove Floppy Drive In Windows Explorer.
How to Hide and Remove Floppy Drive In Windows Explorer
Follow steps below to hide and remove floppy drive from your windows explorer. Note that this method is safe and you can always unhide your floppy drive again if you want to.
- First, open device manager. To do this click Start Menu then type device manager then press Enter. If you want to open device manager in much cooler way, open run utility by holding Windows key + R then type devmgmt.msc then press enter.
- After you open device manager, look for Floppy Disk Drives then expand the node. Then select your floppy drive and right click it. Pop up menu will displayed, now click Disable.
- Wait for a moment and you will see a pop up message for confirmation. Click Yes
- Now you will see an indicator like down arrow on top of your floppy drive icon in device manager. It means your floppy drive has been disabled.
- Now look for your Windows Explorer. And you have removed your floppy drive.
Wrapping Up: how to hide and remove floppy drive in Windows Explore
That is how to hide and remove floppy drive in Windows Explorer. Now, your windows explorer is neater with no unused floppy drive letter. In addition, You can always get your floppy drive back with the same steps and click Enabled.