Learn how to change MP4 to MP3 (audio only file), using a VLC Media Player. You can reduce the file size and listen to the audio only for your song videos
File convert – Change one video file to another format also called converting. There are various reasons for such video content being converted. The most common are:
- Device support, some of devices are able to play particular video format while some others don’t. FLV (Flash video) format can run on your PC without any problem, but not on your Android or iOS. To make your video playable, you need to convert first before send it to your device.
- Reduce video size and quality. It is not ideal playing 4K resolution using medium-end phone. Your phone might suffer from lag or even unable to play such hi resolution. To solve the problem, you need to convert and reduce the quality of video. Moreover, you will save a big size of your storage.
- You want to get the MP3 audio only format. Commonly for song videos where you want to get rid the video and just want to listen to the audio only (mp3).
Convert MP4 or MP3 Using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is small yet powerful software for converting most of media files. This tool is under open source foundation where you can get full VLC features totally for free.
This app is available for various major devices like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS. So, although I use Windows here, this guide can also be applied on other devices.
VLC media player feature is not limited to playback but also has integrated converter capability. Here, we will guide you how to convert MP4 to MP3.
You can get VLC the latest version for the device you own here Download VLC Media Player
Using VLC Media Player is easy and straightforward. The user interface is simple with no confusing buttons.
- After download VLC. Open the installer to begin setup.
- Then open VLC by clicking the icon on your desktop. Navigate to Media and select Convert/Save
- Now, click Add… button then browse for the video file you want to convert. You can also add multiple files at once.
- Once adding file done. Click Convert/Save button on the bottom
- On the new window, select Profile drop-down arrow then select MP3 as the output
- Don’t forget to browse and name the new mp3 file.
- Next, click start. The converting process will be shown on the progress bar at the bottom of VLC Media player
- After the convert is completed, click Media>Open File select your new mp3 file to play. Done
Wrapping Up: Convert MP4 or MP3 Using VLC Media Player
VLC media player feature is not limited to playback but also capable of converting various media files. To convert MP4 to MP3 (audio only) can be easily done with few steps. VLC media player is available on multi-cross platforms, hence, this tutorial can be applied for other devices also.
If you have another simpler way to convert MP4 to MP3 using other free software, please comment. Don’t forget to share