Easy step to find and delete duplicate files on Windows 10. This guide will save you a big time rather than manually find your duplicate files.
Nowadays, it is common to have a large storage for PC or laptop. Various media content are easily to download along with the increase of the internet speed in each country. Modern games and 4K videos also need more size than several years ago. This of course, to play safe, many users more likely to buy a larger storage for their devices.
As time progress you may not notice that your large storage is piled up off junk of duplicate files. Usually if you have a huge collection of songs and videos. I myself, often copy my friend’s song collections with my pen drive, and just paste the entire folder to my storage. This is a waste since there will be many duplicate song files. However, finding file on large a storage with built in search on Windows 10 will take a lot of works.
How to Find Duplicate Files on Windows 10
Manually find duplicate files on Windows 10 is not an ideal method. You will find this very difficult just using the default search available on Windows, moreover if you got terras byte of storage, this will take forever.
Fortunately, there is one best app to help you find duplicate files for your Windows 10, Similarity.
Similarity available on free version which more than enough to do this task for you. Before we move to the next step, you can download Similarity from this page
There, you can download Similarity software that compatible for your Windows 10, whether it is 32-bits or 64-bits, so select one for the OS you own. For Mac users, you can choose the third one.
Using Similarity to Find and Delete Duplicate Music Files
Follow steps below to use Similarity for Windows 10
- Once your download completed, open the installer file. Follow the instructions given to complete the installation. Once the installation finished, open Similarity, you can do this by click the Similarity icon on your desktop screen.
- You will see a windows similar to your window explorer. On the left panel you can select location, folder, or multiple folders to where you want similarity find the duplicate files.
- Once you set the location, hit the Play button on the top-left panel. Similarity will start its task finding the duplicate files on your selected location. This may takes a while depend on the number of files and size.
- Once the scan finished, check Result tab (Results: Audio and Results: Images) to find the duplicate files.
- Now you can bulk select (multi select) and decide what to do with the files, or you can just delete them straight away.
Wrapping Up Find Duplicate Files
Rather manually find duplicate files, it is recommended using software for this task. Similarity for Windows 10 is one of the available tools that help you find and delete duplicate files. Similarity is easy to use with just few steps as explained above.
With this you wont find anymore difficulty deleting your duplicate files on Windows 10. Don’t forget to share.