This is how to disable Google Feed on Android. A simple step to turn off or customize Google Feed notification on your android device.
Google Feed has been updated and replace “Google Now” on Android. This feature now available for world wide Android users and iOS
Google Feed offers various news that may interest you based on your search and browse history. That is why you will see many relevant articles show up below the search on Google app.
Some people let Google Feed cards filling their home screen, while others find them annoying and intrusive. If you one of them, this is how to disable Google Feed on Android
How to Disable Google Feed on Android(Older Version Google App)
- On your Android home screen, select “Apps”
- Now tap “Google” to open Google app.
- Then tap “Menu” in the top-left corner.
- Select “Settings”
- Tap “Your Feed”
- Now, customize the setting as you want
- “Notification” setting allows you to set the notification update whether will be displayed on the notification area or not. You can also turn off Google feed notification entirely, set the ringing tone or vibrate.
- “Feed” setting allows you to turn OFF/ON entirely the Google Now feature. You can also delete recommended Feed and even disable Google Feed in all device associated with your account.
Update: For the latest version Google App, seems Google has removed the option to turn OFF the Feed. Therefore, the tips above no longer working. However, I have temporary solution for you below
How to Disable Google Feed on Android(Newer Version Google App)
Since the option to turn OFF feed no longer supported on the newer version Google app, to completely disable Google feed news you need to sign-out your account from from Google App. Here is how
- Open Menu at the top-left corner
- Then open Setttings
- Select Account & Privacy
- Then tap Google Account
- A pop up menu will appear then select Sign-out
- Another pop up will appear just like the first time you are using Google App, asking you to sign in. Just tap Skip
- Done, you will no longer see any feed news below your search. Don’t worry, you only sign out from Google app, others app such as Google Mail, Play Store etc wont be affected and you can still login as usual. To get back your setting, all you need to do is sign in on your Google app again.
That is a simple way to turn off Google Feed on Android device. Hope this helps